Saturday, February 24, 2007

Dealing with Life; and the insurance company

As the insurance company always states "Life comes at you fast". That is an understatement. When life happens, it is at a split second that a decision has to be made as what to do and where to turn.

I wrecked my car. About 2 weeks ago, someone made the decision to pull right out in front of me and stop. She actually stops, in the middle of the road. In a split second, I had to make a decision to hit my breaks, swerve, and try to get around her. I did not make it. In that split second I saw the front end of my car crumple into her back driver’s side door. In that split second, I could see her face, frozen in a state of shock. In that split second my life changed.

No-one was hurt, thank god.

The police came and a report was filed.

She was sited for failure to yield, Driving without a license, (she had a learners permit), and driving without a licensed driver in the car. The car she was driving had temporary tags on it, but, she did have insurance.

My car would not start nor would I been able to move it anyway since the fender was pasted to the tire. A tow truck was called and the car was towed to the nearest garage.

Because of “her” decision to drive that day without a licensed driver, and “her” decision to stop in the middle of the road, I am without a car.

Her insurance company totaled the car, and settled with me, with a check for $3500.00. Now I have to find a car for that amount. I have been looking this week, and I can tell you there is not much out there for that amount of money.

Because of “her” decision, I am forced to make decisions that I am not prepared to do at this time.

Because of “her” decision, my life changed. It may not be that drastic, but it has changed.

Even though “her” decision was her choice, it caused a chain reaction of events that will forever change the lives of other people.

“Life comes at you fast”… yeah, that’s an understatement.

No comments: