Thursday, March 23, 2006

Insecurities

We all have our own insecurities, Our own acceptance level of our selves, and how we precieve ourselves in the minds of others. If we fit or not in a certain group of friends or do we feel an outsider amoung our most intimate friends. Its funny how we think and feel about things.
Sometimes I can go through the day and not care where I am at, or what I may say, until it is already spoken and out in the open for all to critique. Then I worry about what people may think of me, which puts me on the outside of most things.
Then I get over it and move on.
It does not matter what other people think of me, it is how I think of myself that matters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel....I still feel uncomfortable coming out with you guys at night even thought all of you are my friends.

Tammy said...

I feel this way most of the time, but I try to get past it and move on. Its hard

MamaKate said...

Me, too. Sometimes, like when we're at Planks, I can hear myself joking and laughing, but there's a part of me sitting back, wondering if I really belong there.

I always wonder if people like me, or if I'm just kidding myself. Times like that, I like to curl up on the couch between Jack and Nancy - I never wonder if my children like me, or want to be with me. That's the perfectly marvelous thing about children, isn't it?

Tammy said...

you and I kate seem to be cut from the same cloth