Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Selfish

Do not like it when people are selfish.
It bothers me that one person can only think of only themselves, and feel that they cannot help anyone else because it “interferes” in their life or what they are doing, even if they are only sitting in a chair watching TV, or just laying down in the middle of the afternoon.
I know that sometimes people have a lot on their plate and they can’t be there to help someone out, or even just to listen to the person because they need someone to talk to. I can understand that. People are busy.
But when the only thing you have planned is to lie down, or to catch a show on TV, and you cannot take the time to help someone find something, or even talk to them for a little while, then I have a problem with that.
I know that I am not perfect and I am guilty of doing the same thing on occasion, and I am not proud of that fact either. So I try to do better as a person and I hope that I do.
I treasure my friendships that I have, and so I take the time not to be selfish and to listen to someone that may need my ear. I will help someone find what they lost because what they lost is dearer to them than a TV Program
Sleep, I can do later.
I have a lot on my plate right now, but I will take the time to be a friend and not the time to be selfish.

No comments: