Monday, July 17, 2006

Midnight Swims


The botl awards. This is an award ceremony much like the Tony’s or the Oscars in Hollywood. It is for a community theatre that I belong to. It was a very entertaining night, some people won awards that I expected to win, others won that I did not expect to win. All in all it was nice, except that it was sooo hot in the theatre! The air conditioner was on, but because it has been in the 90's yesterday, and the air conditioner was working at full tilt but was not producing any results. When I left last night at 11:30pm I was hot and sticky from sweating most of the night. I went home and stripped in my living room and jumped into our pool.
No one was around and it was dark (which is a good thing because I did not want to scare anyone (sorry folks not a body worth looking at)).
I floated around the warm water watching the stars above. I felt like I was in a state of peacefulness with in myself. It just seemed so freeing to be floating nude, as if I was back in the womb of my mom. Nothing binding me, nothing holding me, just free. By myself, in the dark, with the stars.

2 comments:

Professor P said...

I tell you what, I been up to that pool in my limousine, okay? And I remember to myself the time she and I drove around together, the lady that floats naked in a pool, and she said to me,"Columbus sparkles at night." And if you sit where she was, in the center of her pool, if you sit exactly where she was, Columbus sparkles at night. It's the hot friggin' air rising out of LTOB catching the lights off the naked lady's pool, and it goes tsst tsst tsst tsst -- right over the whole city. I mean it just blows you away. Not the lights, you idiot, the cool thoughts and deep soul of the naked lady in the pool, you freaks, you think I was talkin' about a bunch o' hot air comin' outta some self-important actors? AS I always say, never f*** with a naked lady with deep thoughts in a pool, cause she will kick you in your f*****g a**, but that's not the point I'm trying to say here. My point is, I know a lot of naked pool ladies in town. I know a lot of naked ladies in pools, period. I've done lived up here some eleven odd years, you see what I'm saying?

And what I'm saying is, these thoughts, coming from this naked pool lady, are pretty f*****g cool. And I'm pleased, and honored, to know that such a cool person, such a beautiful person, inside and out, exists.

And it's also cool that she gets naked in her pool, too. Bonus points.


-- Doc O'Connor

Tammy said...

:o) :o) :o)